11 October 2008

Our Family Tradition

Since last year, we have adopted a new Halloween tradition. I first saw the idea at Target, and it was a great one. I wish I could take credit for it, but its one of the few things that I can't take credit for. Anyway, its the tradition of "Booing!" Some of you know what the tradition entails, but many do not. So, I'll explain it. Its fairly simple and the kids love it. You gather up some Halloween goodies of any sort. You put them together in baskets or bags, and you drop them on a neighbor (or a friend's) doorstep. You ring the doorbell, and you take off running as fast as you can. Its more fun at night, and its an added bonus if the people are actually home! Taylor has the most fun booing people. No one has booed us this year. :o( Last year we were booed 3 times. So, we started the booing this year. We booed 4 people instead of the traditional 2. 2 of them weren't home, but the other 2 were. Austyn was excited, but after his first boo he was scared. Taylor and Mark finished up the booing. We still have 2 more neighbors to boo, but we are waiting for them to be home so we can actually go over and wait at the door, so that we can introduce ourselves. I think its weird to boo them if you don't really know them. Anyway, so that is our newest Halloween tradition, and I think we will keep it up every year from here on out. I was trying to come up with a clever Christmas tradition similar to the "Boo," But the only think I could come up with wasn't exactly appropriate. HAHA. It was "I've been Ho-Hoed!" So, for now, we'll stick to "I've been Booed!" Well, here are some of the latest pics in slideshow format.
**Click on View All Images to see them larger!**

1 comment:

The Sheridans said...

Our neighborhood does that too and we start it every year except we only "boo" 3 people and then THEY have to boo 2 and so on. You put a ghost on your door so you know you've been "booed". .....AJ and Ali aren't too hip on it anymore but Ryan loves the ding dong ditch part! What about doing something like "Rudolph left you a present..." or something like that for Christmas? That would be a good idea...we'll talk.