05 May 2008

Toilet Paper 101

Wow, I bet you never thought you'd need a lesson in 'toilet paper', of all things, huh! Well, here you have it. Let me give you your lesson. This is especially important for those that have young children, oh, I'd say within the age range of walking and 2 1/2 years old. Its also important for those caregivers of children. Today, after Austyn's baseball pictures, we came home and I cleaned up the kids and got them into their jammies. I decided to take a few minutes to throw on some comfy sweats and a t-shirt. I thought it would be just fine to step into my bedroom for about a minute and change. I've done it before so it was no big deal. That's where I went wrong...with the thinking! I turn around to walk out of my bedroom only to find that in a minute or less that my sweet, angelic, little 18 month old princess, aka Ryleigh, had literally unraveled the brand new roll of toilet paper that had just been put on the roll in the bathroom.

I learned the following things today:

1) 18 month old babies move VERY fast!

2) A roll of Charmin Toilet Paper can reach from the bathroom down the hallway all the way to the living room, back down the hallway, into my bedroom and back out into the hallway.

3) 18 month old babies think this is hilarious!

4) Big brothers also think this is funny, and tattle on their little sister.

5) Changing should be done in 30 seconds or less with the said 18 month old in full view at all times.

6) It is impossible to re-roll all of it back onto the roll, so you should just sacrifice that roll to the recycling Gods.

So, you should keep all of these things in mind when a) caring for your own children or b) caring for children other than your own.

She is fascinated with toilet paper because we use it to wipe instead of wipes when she potties. Which, by the way, potty training is going super! We recently (2 days ago) graduated from a potty chair to a potty seat! Her new potty seat is sparkly pink with princesses and crowns and flowers on it. She feels like such a big girl and I am so proud of her! YAY Ryleigh!
Enjoy the pics. I took these when I asked her to clean up the mess she made. She had picked it up in the living room and was walking the toilet paper back to the bathroom. Somehow it wasn't as easy as pulling it off the roll and taking off running! Go figure! lol

No comments: