08 February 2008

Sleepover=1 crazy babysitter!

We decided to not do anything big for Taylor's birthday. We thought we would just invite a few kids over, have pizza cake and ice cream and be done with it. HA! Right. Well, first of all, the "party" is tonight because some of our good friends will be moving back home to Texas on Taylor's actual birthday. Taylor would have been totally bummed if they couldn't make it, so we pushed the party up a week. Taylor wanted to invite the boys from his class, and ask if they wanted to sleep over. I thought, okay, this isn't so bad. In the past, only like 1-2 of Taylor's classmates have actually showed up to the party, and since none of the parents know us, the odds are not many will be staying the night. I know if Taylor were invited to a kid's party for a sleepover, I would want to meet the parents (if I didn't already know them), go to their house and see what its like and all that jazz. I guess other parents don't think like me because 5 of Taylor's classmates are coming tonight! I am just floored by people's false sense of security. We live on the navy base, so that must mean that we are good people, right? WRONG! Well, WE are good people, but that doesn't mean that everyone that lives here is! I guess that having a sleepover basically means that these parents get rid of one kid and possibly be kid-free for the night. The best part of all, is they don't have to pay me!
Okay enough griping. Really, it isn't that bad, and I'm not really upset about it. It just bothers me that so many people are willing to let their kids stay without having met me before. Taylor, I'm sure will have a blast! Austyn will be in on the action as well. It'll be a fun night, and I'm sure I will learn a lot of things from this experience! Wish me luck!

I'll post pictures and tell you guys all about it tomorrow!

No comments: