12 November 2007

Our Weekend

The weekend is officially over except that its Veteran's Day. Bonnie, Mark's mom came into town to visit for the weekend. It was a very pleasant visit and we were happy to have her. Its not often that she makes it our way, so it was nice. The boys were especially excited to see her. Austyn had to sit with Gammy and kept asking where she was and what she was doing. He didn't leave her alone. He really enjoyed having her here. Ryleigh did really well with her. She wasn't as shy or as reluctant to smile, or even let Bonnie touch her. She's beginning to open up, which is nice. Leaving her with a babysitter is always a hard thing to do. Taylor also liked having Bonnie here for the weekend. He is a little more independent and thinks he is "so" grown up so he wasn't as clingy as Austyn was. lol.
We spent Saturday at John's Incredible Pizza which is a lot like a bigger and better Chuck E. Cheese. The boys had a blast as usual. This was our 3rd visit there. This was Mark's first. Mark, Taylor and I played Laser Tag. Mark got the highest score of the 3 of us, of course. Austyn played lots of games and so did Taylor. We almost thought we lost Austyn for a couple of minutes. My heart was pounding and I was on the verge of tears when Bonnie said that Mark had found him. He was only about 10 feet away from where we had been standing, but he was sort of hiding in a little corner where no one could see him. It was a very scary experience and I'm VERY thankful that we did not lose him. That is the first time that we have ever lost one of the kids for even a moment. I'm usually really anal and on top of where the kids are at and making sure they are leeched onto an adult.

I think one of my greatest fears is that one of our kids will either get lost or someone will take them. There are so many sick people out there in this world. I am constantly explaining to them why they can't go to the park or in the next aisle by themselves and why it is important to hold hands. I don't want them to think that I am just a "mean" mom because I make them hold hands with someone when we are in a crowded place. Taylor is beginning to understand the importance of all of it. Austyn however is still learning and I'm sure he will still be learning for a long while.

All in all, our weekend was great. The kids had fun, Bonnie was able to get in some much needed rest and relaxation and Mark and I were happy to have her visit with us. Here is a family picture of us that we had Bonnie take for us. I'll post them both so you can see what lovely children we have! HAHA

No comments: