02 June 2009

What an Honor & Baseball is Over For the Year!

First, let me start out my saying that (hallelujah) baseball season is over! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love baseball and I love watching the boys play. It amazes me at how much talent they have. But, after spending FIVE days a week at the baseball fields for the last 7 weeks; I've had more than my fill. We always seem to get stuck with horrible coaches. This year Austyn's coach showed real promise, but he struggled and lost focus between the two teams he was coaching, his own six kids, his full time job and his wife's job. Needless to say, the guy had way too much on his plate. He ended up being the most horrible coach in the history of baseball! I think that pretty much every parent on the team filed at least one complaint against the guy. Yeah it was that bad. I won't even get into the details of what a schmuck the guy is. So, then we have Taylor's coach. He's a little dweeb of a guy who doesn't really seem to know a whole lot about the game. I will say that he did end up being a pretty good coach. Thank goodness! Last Saturday was Austyn's last game and we had a party here at our house. The kids enjoyed pizza, fruit, veggies and cupcakes in between slipping and sliding down the skim board slider and playing in the pool. Everyone had a blast! Taylor's last game was tonight. He had a great game. It was my turn for snack, so naturally I was over prepared and went above and beyond. Hey...it was the last game! Each kid got a red goody bag with baseballs all over it. Inside were some baseball goodies, fresh fruit and a bottle of water. I had also made a pennant flag for each kid at the beginning of the season, so they also were able to take those home today. The coach and his wife kept the big banner I made for the team. I have no use for it! Taylor's last day of school is on Thursday! Where has the time gone? Wow. I can't believe that I...me...Stacie....is going to have a 3rd grader on my hands! Scary!
Anyhow, today was also a very special day. I received a special phone call from the love of my life. He informed me that I should pack my bags! I cried tears of joy. Doubt had begun to settle in, but I still had hope. I was very confident in him that he had been selected. I know that he is a hard worker and is awesome at what he does. But for the Blue Angels to actually recognize that is mind boggling. He was selected from many applicants. He stood out in the crowd. I am so excited, happy and proud of him. He has the honor and prestige of saying that he works for the Blue Angels. What an honor! I am still trying to wrap my brain around it. lol. With this wonderful news comes sad news. Our really good friends and old neighbors didn't make it. I am so bummed about this. We were really hoping that they would make it and we could take this journey together. Unfortunately, it just wasn't in the cards. We are surely going to miss them like crazy and wish them the best of luck in their next set of orders. But back to the excitement...I will be just over ONE hour away from my sister and those two gorgeous little boys that are my nephews. We can't wait. Austyn ran all around the house shouting, "WE ARE MOVING TO FLORIDA!!! WOOHOO!! BLUE ANGELS!! WOOOO!!" He is hilarious. He has no idea where Florida is, much less what Florida IS. lol. Taylor is so calm and quiet. I busted into his room and yelled, "TAYLOR!! THE BLUE ANGELS PICKED DAD!!!" He obviously wasn't as over the top as I was. He very calmly said, "Yeah....I know....you were crying. I know." That's it. That's all he had for me! lol. But, he did later say that he is very excited to move to Florida, so that is good news. So, the packing and house hunting begins. We won't be moving until the fall, but hey, one can never be too prepared for a cross country move! Floridian beaches...here we come!

No comments: