24 March 2009

Last Week...

Was pretty busy. Taylor had his cup-stacking tournament on Wednesday. This time it was at a different school. Austyn, Ryleigh and myself all tagged along to show Taylor our support for him. It was such a long, drawn out tournament that could have been over in about an hour, but instead took 3. Taylor had a blast and was able to miss school. He competed on his own with a time of 8.51 seconds. He wasn't the fastest, but heck that's pretty quick. I have to admit that it would most likely take me 3 times that to get it done. He also competed in a table relay race. His team didn't do that great on that one, as some kids toppled their cups over and were disqualified. His finally event was the floor relay race and his team won first place! He was really excited about that, and we were too! Enjoy the slide show of pictures from that.
Later that evening, his basketball team competed in the semi-final tournament and won their game. That meant they were to compete in the finals on Friday.
Friday night, the game was intense and a nail biter. I sure love watching basketball! The other team was really good and the score was getting tossed around. The wizards ended up winning the game by ONE meager point! But, hey a win is a win! The coach's son was crying in excitement and everyone was hopping around, clapping and yelling. It was so great to be able to have that excitement, sense of accomplishment and pride for our son and his team! I'm so glad that Taylor was able to experience that. The only picture I have is one that I took on Mark's phone. I hadn't been taking the camera because I would get so side-tracked and into the game that I would forget to take pictures.
After the game, we came home and packed up the truck and headed to San Diego for the weekend!

No comments: