04 November 2008

We Welcomed Our Newest Family Member Last Night

Okay, so it was kind of sudden, but we have added to our family . . . AGAIN! No, I'm not pregnant, and no we aren't adopting a baby. But we did adopt a little girl last night. She's yellowish white and they called her Neasha, (pronounced Neesha) but we will be calling her Daisy. It seemed suitable since Roscoe is often referred to as Rosco P. Coltrane from the Dukes of Hazzard . So, she's Daisy Duke. =o) Her previous family had good intentions and a good heart, but that's all they were. Intentions and nothing more. They were neglectful at times and didn't have the time and didn't want to take the time to care for a dog. So, she came home with us, and I'm pretty sure she (Daisy) thinks she has died and gone to heaven.lol. She's petite and only weighs about 60 pounds. She's a baby compared to our monster Roscoe. She is 15 months old, she has her AKC papers and she isn't fixed. Not to worry, she won't be having any babies anytime in the near future. Roscoe is neutered. Thank goodness! She is so loving and very submissive. She loves attention and she seems very loyal and pretty smart too. We have already started calling her by Daisy only, and she is already responding. She loves Roscoe and I'd be lying if I didn't say the same for Roscoe. He doesn't know what to do with himself. He is actually taking a nap, for the first time since we brought her home. She is napping too. They get along great and I think they have found best friends in each other. Her only problem that she has is that she doesn't like to be alone. Roscoe slept in the laundry room with her last night. I didn't trust letting her roam the house like I would Roscoe. So when I tried to make her sleep alone, she protested with barking. I hate barking!! I know its what dogs do, but I hate it!lol . Roscoe only barks when someone is at the door, or when there is a pesky feline in the backyard. Daisy is already fitting in with the family. The kids love her and she adores them.Ryleigh was a little unsure at first, but let me just say that it has been less than 24 hours and she is already smothering the dog with lots of hugs and kisses! The previous owner did say that if she didn't work out for us that we could always take her back, but I have a pretty good feeling that she'll do just fine. I'll work with her on obedience and refine her manners a little. Here she is!

Staying hydrated.
The tip of her nose is pink because she has lost pigment in that spot from pushing around her bowls outside on the concrete.
Help me, PLEASE! lol
Roscoe insists on shoving his whole nose and face into her mouth. I guess he's checking for cavities.
She's mostly white, with yellow ears and some yellow on her back and face.
He just doesn't know what to do with himself!
Doesn't he look exhausted?

No comments: