12 November 2008

We Tried, but Sayonara

So, Daisy the dog is no longer a member of our family. =o( Sad, but so much better for us. Daisy was a really good dog. She was awesome with the kids and she and Roscoe got along great! Her biggest flaw was and still is one of my biggest pet peeves . . . BARKING. I know, I've said it before, dogs are supposed to bark. I hate it. There is nothing more annoying to me than a barking dog who won't shut up! She would bark if I tried to make her stay outside, and while she was barking, she would happily display her aerobic abilities. She would jump about 3 feet off of the ground and slam up against the door. Yeah, not so good. lol. She would also bark at night when it was bedtime and she would do the same jumping routine. She would listen for about 5 minutes or so before she was back at it again. The barking isn't the sole reason, nor is it the main reason we gave her back to her neglectful owner. Roscoe is such a sensitive dog. He stresses over disturbances in his regular routine. He started shedding hair to the point where it looked like we had shaved a small dog and left its hair lying on the floor. He was constantly panting. And then he started throwing up and then he stopped eating. =o/ Poor, ultra-sensitive Roscoe. He just couldn't deal with the stress of having this neurotic and noisy dog in the house. I called the woman and told her that regretfully, we wouldn't be able to keep her. I felt so bad having to send the dog back to them where she wasn't treated the best. So, the lady suggested that I help find her a home, and that's just what I did. A friend of mine was in love with her and knew all about her yappiness and didn't mind that, at all! So, off Daisy went to their house for a visit to see how she would do in their home. She was doing great, and they wanted to keep her for 24 hours, for sort of a testing period. Well in between the time we went to dinner and the time we got home, the dog had been snatched back by the awful owners. I had given my friend the lady's number to call and work things through with, and the lady was not happy. She said that she needed the dog back immediately because she had a home for her, and she was very angry with our name change. She said, "You just don't change a dog's name!! I named her Neasha! Her name is Neasha, not Daisy!!" WOW. Well excuse me. I didn't realize I needed to sign a legal contract stating that I wouldn't change the dog's name. After-all, people do it everyday. When you give a dog away, its no longer your say in what the dog is called because it no longer belongs to you! Right? So, long story short, the lady was very mean and rude to my friend and said some not so nice things. I guess that's the last time I try and be a good citizen. So, Daisy, Neasha, whatever you want to call her . . . she is no longer with us, and Roscoe is back to his old self again!

1 comment:

MARY MCKINZIE said...

Your kids have grown up so much. My both think they're grown already. Glad your Thanksgiving went well. Ours was ok. Just didn't feel like Thanksgiving. Oh well. Take care of yaselves.